Firefox - Modal dialog present - Website timesout after clicking ok Button RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem with Firefox.  Whenever there's a popup alert window, I keep getting the error "OpenQA.Selenium.UnhandledAlertException: Modal dialog present". 

The workaround I found to prevent from getting this error is the following.  The popup message appears after clicking the "Save" Button on a page, instead of declaring that save button as a "HtmlInputButton", I declare it as a "WinControl" and that stops the Exception from happening.

The problem I'm having now is that, after clicking the OK Button on the Modal Dialog popup, the website just hangs and the script timesout because it's waiting for the site that never stops loading.  If I stop my script, then the websites loads right away.

Anyone else have this problem?  Know of a workaround?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Answers

• Hi xXxGIOxXx,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Based on your description, this issue is related to this extension tool:

Selenium components for Coded UI Cross Browser Testing

Actually we don’t support this tool, but I also found that you have posted this issue in above link, I think you would get dedicated support from this extension tool expert. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by xXxGIOxXx Friday, August 8, 2014 6:20 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:05 AM