Stopping a workflow that is stuck in an Infinite loop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I was experimenting with workflows, to send a succession of emails at staggered intervals (one sent out at a time, once only).

I now have the problem of all 4 emails being repeatedly sent out every 5 minutes (to myself for testing).

I tried to interrupt the looped workflow by selecting the workflow adn clicking the 'Unpublish' button. then deleting the steps, and saving the change. Then finally I deleted the workflow itself, having done all this we’ve also rest the server but It hasn’t stopped the emails being sent out!?

The only thing that does interrupt the sending of the erroneous emails; is when I first start Outlook im asked:

"One or more e-mail message in Microsoft Dynamics CRM are waiting to be sent. Do you want Microsoft Dynamics CRM to send e-mail thought Outlook?"

I click NO, and this stops CRM sending mail, which isn’t a fix as it stops wanted emails from being sent,

How do I stop the loop?

Thank you,

Thursday, October 7, 2010 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just go in to Settings>System Jobs and find the workflow and choose Cancel from the 'more actions' menu

Rob

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie
    • Proposed as answer by Neil McD Thursday, October 7, 2010 2:43 PM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 2:40 PM
  • Hi Rob,
    Thanks but Ive just tried that and got the following error message:
    The selected job could not be cancelled. The status of this system job may have change. (it hasn't). Refresh the system to see if cancelling still applies:

Ive tried refreshing the list and re attempt but same message. Also tried resetting the server again and that didn’t work either.

An clue to what is goin on here?

Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:39 PM
  • try to stop it from system -> system jobs -> workfloes from the pick list and chose ur workflow name.

else try to restart the Asynch service and do the same.

yes.sudhanshu

http://bproud2banindian.blogspot.com
    http://ms-crm-2011-beta.blogspot.com
    Friday, October 8, 2010 9:13 AM