what plugin message (event) is fired when opportunity is reopened? RRS feed

• Question

• My plugin is registered on Win, SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity.  It fires when the opportunity is won, but not when it is reopened.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Monday, July 22, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hi mardukes,

I have written a simple plugin which fires on SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity for the Opportunity. All it does is throws an InvalidPluginExecutionException when the Execute method is invoked, which works as expected.

I suggest you try throwing an error in the Execute method so that you can see if the plugin is actually being called.

I hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Roshan Mehta Monday, July 22, 2013 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:25 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 7:55 PM

All replies

• you can probably write on "Update".
    Monday, July 22, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Thanks.  I probably wouldn't want to run on every update.  What would one look at to recognize a reopening?
    Monday, July 22, 2013 3:24 PM
  • Hi mardukes,

I have written a simple plugin which fires on SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity for the Opportunity. All it does is throws an InvalidPluginExecutionException when the Execute method is invoked, which works as expected.

I suggest you try throwing an error in the Execute method so that you can see if the plugin is actually being called.

I hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Roshan Mehta Monday, July 22, 2013 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:25 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 7:55 PM
  • You're not impressed that there is no system job initiating?  I'll give your test a shot.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:32 PM
  • Hi Mardukes,

Refer this   post.

Hope this will help you.

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:16 PM
  • It was firing, I believe on SetState (I returned context.MessageName in the exception message.)

My problem was assuming an aggregating fetchxml would return a sum of 0 when the count is 0.  It apparently does not.  So the plugin was successfully doing nothing.

Thanks again.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:29 PM