Vote for a Dell Windows Home Server at Dell's Ideastorm RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping that Dell is already signed on as an OEM, but I'm not going to hold my breath (especially considering the fact that they are still dragging their feet on the TabletPC).  Just in case they aren't on-board yet, if you think Dell should get in the game, head on over to Ideastorm and vote this thread up. 

http://www.ideastorm.com/article/show/61848

Rick

Friday, May 4, 2007 12:04 AM

All replies

• I prefer building my own systems since it's really a lot cheaper.

I really hope MS will be also sell an OEM version for home system builders. I 'm very happy with WHS on my current (cheap and low energy) system and I really hope I can continue using it after this beta

Saturday, May 5, 2007 10:11 PM
  • I agree wholeheartedly. I decided to run a basic no frills older system on which I have tried to install Small Business Server Premium. Just couldn't get it to run correctly. So much to install and configure. Just didn't match up to my area of expertise. BUT the WHS! WOW! Installed with absolutely no problems and been on 6 days continuously and no you know whats. Back up clients? No Problem. Provide network storage for all my home computers? You Bet. I can't wait for this to go live. I hope it will run SharePoint! I have a non-profit alternative medicine site that I want to host myself (That is why I tried its big brother (SBS Premium) but it was just too much.

Jack

Saturday, June 9, 2007 3:40 AM