Error with some custimized fields when I import Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have added some customized fields in the entity Contacts. I can add new Contacts using the new fields and I have got not any problems. But when I try to import contacts from a .csv file I have problems with some customized fields.

If I do this import with the option "data assignment" in "automatic mode" the following error appears: the attribute value isSystem is 1,

and an error code 0x8004800f.

But if I do this import with the option "data assignment" with a personal assignment, the error says what fields have problems and the following error code appears 0x80040377.

If I delete those customize fields from my .csv file (but my .csv file has other customized fields) then no error appears.

What’s happening???

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:17 AM

Answers

• Have you tried the Data Migration Manager rather than the Import tool?  You might receive a more descriptive error message.  Chances are that some value in one of your fields is not right since the Import Tool is able to automatically generate a data map or your file does not contain all the required fields (fields marked required on the Contact form).

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:11 PM

All replies

• Have you tried the Data Migration Manager rather than the Import tool?  You might receive a more descriptive error message.  Chances are that some value in one of your fields is not right since the Import Tool is able to automatically generate a data map or your file does not contain all the required fields (fields marked required on the Contact form).

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:11 PM
  • Thank you very much for your reply Donna. Tonight I tried the Data Migration Manager and it works correctly with the .csv file that failed with the Import tool. I hope it is an issue of the Import tool.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:21 AM