Add a command button in a command bar in Microsoft Dynamics Crm Online RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anyone ever add a command button in a command bar from Dynamics Crm Online? If so, please advise.

There are two parts I need.

1. How to add a command button in a command bar for example in Opportunity page in Dynamics Crm Online. It can also be a button in an opportunity form.

2. When the command button is clicked, it will trigger the plugin and it will send an opportunity id to the plugin so I can call a web service.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Farnwynn,

Using the Ribbon Workbench you can easily add a button to the command bar for an entity.

You can set this button up the run a piece of JavaScript code. This code can set a hidden yes/no field on the form, then save the record.

You can then have a plugin registered on update of that hidden yes/no field which will execute your logic. :)

~ Atomic Coder

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:05 AM
  • Hi Atomic Coder,

This is Farnwynn. Thanks for the fast response. I think the real problem now is that I don't step by step how to use "Ribbon Workbench" to actually import/export my Ribbon xml file from Dynamics Crm Online. Is there any easy step somewhere I can follow for the "Online" version?

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:14 PM
  • ribbon workbench works in the same way for onpremise and online, you need to install it as managed solution.
    Inside the download page there is also a video for the installation.

http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:20 PM