Send email using email address of queue? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have quite a few posts about the email router/queues/email from CRM so i wanted to start this on a separate thread.

I think I might be missing the point on some things so please bear with me.

I have configured a test email address with an outgoing profile using the email router crm.test@mydomain.com

I have configured a queue that looks at an email address crm.requests@mydomain.com.  Now if i create an email in an account and set it to send from crm.test@mydomain.com and send to crm.requests@mydomain.com and then hit tab to move to the subject the CRM loading circle appears and it resolves the To address as my queue name.  I populate the rest of the email and hit send.

After a short while a look at the queue for crm.request@mydomain.com and the email is there.

My question is should this not also send an actual email to crm.requests@mydomain.com?  if i log into the pop3 account it is not there.

As i mentioned i might be missing the point of queue's in relation to CRM so any help/explaining would be appreciated.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I should say we only have pop3 server not exchange.

Also, i realised that the pop3 mailbox was forwarding to another mailbox and not leave a copy of the message in mailbox.  I have turned this off and can see the emails.

Accept my apologies for being a dumbo!!!

• Marked as answer by geordie_123 Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:59 AM

All replies

• Didn't you make a mistake in emails mentionned at the end?
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

All my tools on my new dedicated site: MSCRMTools Repository
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

I am not sure what you mean. Can you please indicate where i have made a mistake?

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:15 AM
  • The email addresses above are different i.e. one is "crm.request" and the other is "crm.requests"

Hope this helps. Amar
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:23 AM
  • Sorry i could not see that for looking.

The email address should be crm.requests@mydomain.com

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:39 AM
  • Is your queue reading incoming and outgoing messages from an Email Router?

It would be a setting on the Email-Router/Forward Mailbox as to what happens to emails once it has been read so please check. Check this documentfor more info

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2009/12/21/how-to-configure-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0-e-mail-router-on-premise-with-microsoft-exchange-server-2010.aspx

Hope this helps. Amar
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

I should say we only have pop3 server not exchange.

Also, i realised that the pop3 mailbox was forwarding to another mailbox and not leave a copy of the message in mailbox.  I have turned this off and can see the emails.

Accept my apologies for being a dumbo!!!

• Marked as answer by geordie_123 Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:59 AM