POWER shell command to check free space on some RDC machine from my local RRS feed

• Question

• as admin, I have local mahine getting request to check free space on say G drive on machine say "NESRREV01"

I have to Logon to that mahine and then go to my computers and then check space

Is it some way to check it from my present machine without actual log in to that machine ?

I am not getting any POWER shell command for the same

--Himanshu Kulkarni

Monday, August 20, 2012 11:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• gwmi win32_volume -Filter 'drivetype = 3' | select driveletter, label, @{LABEL='GBfreespace';EXPRESSION={$_.freespace/1GB} }

I am getting script below but I want to check space of say G drive on say server name 'NPPSSDFRD03'

how to customise above script

--Himanshu Kulkarni

Monday, August 20, 2012 11:27 AM
  • Free Space , if I give name last say "NNDSPPER01" it gives execption

--Himanshu Kulkarni

Monday, August 20, 2012 1:31 PM
  • Id ask them in the windows powershell forum (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershell/threads )

you can try if the wmi command works locally on the server, if so, it is most likely a rights issue, though its best if you provide them the error message you see in the powershell forum

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:46 AM
    Answerer
  • getting error it gives result when u replace NPKSTADAT11 with my local machine

--Himanshu Kulkarni

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:02 AM
  • Get-WMIObject Win32_LogicalDisk -computer npklwmmem31 | ForEach-Object {$_.freespace / 1GB}

if I remove npklwmmem31  and gives other RDC name gives error in below pic

--Himanshu Kulkarni

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:26 AM