SBS 2008 and one care on second server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have a SBS 2008 server with OneCare installed, I have the second server running as a terminal server and when I install onecare it installs but I cannot turn on the firewall (which the windows one is already running anyway).  I have tried the firewall repair tool, the onecare cleanup tool, uninstalled/reinstalled each time.  I haven't found anyone else with this issue.  

Ryan
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:03 AM

Answers

• OneCare for Server is intended for install on an SBS server only, though it will install on any 64 bit Windows Server 2008. As far as I know, the OneCare firewall is not enabled in OneCare for Server as Windows Server manages the firewall. However, not having Server 2008 or any personal experience with OneCare for Server, the best I can suggest is contacting support to confirm or deny my speculative answer.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 2:08 AM