network speed limited to 10/100 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,
       I am having a problem getting my home server to connect at gigabit speeds.  I have an intel Dq45ek motherboard running my home server but my router indicates it will only connect to the router (linksys wrt 610N) at 10/100.  I have tried different ports on the router and different cables but nothing.  I also tried to set the speed of the network adapter in home server to 1.0 gbps instead of autonegociate but still nothing.  The only thing I can think of is some kind of driver problem but my network driver seems to be up to date (Intel driver 10.4.19.0 10/24/2008).  However, there are several other devices on my system that do not have drivers installed because the driver installation disk that came with the motherboard failed and I have ot been able to find other driver for this motherboard for Windows server 2003.  Any suggestions about the network speed (or about where to find the proper drivers for my system)?
    thanks,
    David
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:28 PM

Answers

• Okay, so it turns out that the problem may be that the indicator lights on my router may be backwards.  It is supposed to be that a blue light is for 1000mbps and a green is for 10/100.  However after checking my NIC driver and seeing that it was connected at 1.0gbps.  I was being led astray because I thought my laptop and my xbox 360 were connecting at 1000 (both have blue lights when connected) but both of those devices are limited to 10/100.  So blue = 10/00 and green = 1000.  Problem solved
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 6:18 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hello everyone,
       I am having a problem getting my home server to connect at gigabit speeds.  I have an intel Dq45ek motherboard running my home server but my router indicates it will only connect to the router (linksys wrt 610N) at 10/100.  I have tried different ports on the router and different cables but nothing.  I also tried to set the speed of the network adapter in home server to 1.0 gbps instead of autonegociate but still nothing.  The only thing I can think of is some kind of driver problem but my network driver seems to be up to date (Intel driver 10.4.19.0 10/24/2008).  However, there are several other devices on my system that do not have drivers installed because the driver installation disk that came with the motherboard failed and I have ot been able to find other driver for this motherboard for Windows server 2003.  Any suggestions about the network speed (or about where to find the proper drivers for my system)?
    thanks,
    David
    It's probably because you aren't using 2003 drivers.  Did the CD come with XP drivers?  If so, did you try those?  Also, when you logon to the server desktop and check the Status of your LAN connection, what does it say for speed?
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Okay, so it turns out that the problem may be that the indicator lights on my router may be backwards.  It is supposed to be that a blue light is for 1000mbps and a green is for 10/100.  However after checking my NIC driver and seeing that it was connected at 1.0gbps.  I was being led astray because I thought my laptop and my xbox 360 were connecting at 1000 (both have blue lights when connected) but both of those devices are limited to 10/100.  So blue = 10/00 and green = 1000.  Problem solved
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 6:18 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 6:17 PM