Problems with "Vail" after power outage. RRS feed

• Question

• "Vail" was installed and running without issues on a home build (built specifically for "Vail"); also had "LightsOut" beta running without issues.  Four computers on my network were being supported.  The server was connected to a UPS, however while I was away there was a 16 hour power outage while "Vail" was in suspend mode.  When successfully restarted none of the computers on the network will connect with the server (all receive message that server is offline), and when I open the dashboard on the server itself all user accounts and backups are gone.  I was able to reset the modem and router and reconnect the server for remote access, but it will no longer recognise client computers.  The server still shows all hard drives connected to the system, and that all are healthy.  Question is:  how to proceed?  If necessary I will re-install "LightsOut" or "Vail", or both and start all over again.  I would prefer to avoid this if anyone has any other suggestions. 
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:55 PM

All replies

• well the launchpad is sometimes a bit buggy here while my server is online. the launchpad tels me the server is offline and asks me to start in offline mode.

if you click yes you will login to your launchpad and you should be able to get into your server.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:45 PM
  • Thanks; I tried that but it did not work.  I still cannot connect with the server.  The server was set to suspend mode 10 minutes after client computers went offline; it still does that, so it is not recognizing any of the other computers on the network any more.  I am going to remove and re-install the connector software on one of the clients and see if that helps.  Does anyone have any insight as to why this may have happened, or has anyone experienced this same issue with either version 1 or Vail?  Also, I would certainly recommend to everyone to use a UPS with their server with software that will shut the server down before the UPS battery runs out, which is what I failed to do.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:53 PM