none
.NET Career - Certifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Dear, the thing is i have completed bachelor of engineering computer science in 2008 from india. I have one year experience in BPO industry. Then recently i got married now i'm in US. I'm very much intrested in IT field to work with .NET. The question is honestly i don't have much experience in .NET but i studied  and work with ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server from Micro technology, India for 6 month. So the question is if i like to continue my career in IT field(asp.net,c#,sql server) after these long gap then it is possible or not. If it is possible, please tell me what are the things i have to study and do and what are the certifications i need to finished. If anyone answer to my query it would help me to move on and take decision in my job career.

Thank You In Advance......

BavaniSuresh
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

• Of course it is possible, but you will need to get updated on your skills. Go for some certifications such as A+, Network+ from CompTIA. 3 years is a long time, esp in IT which changes so much. You could always take a shot at free practice tests at knolwedgebuster to get an idea of where you are at with your skills and knowledge and it may help you make a decision. good luck!
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:42 PM
  • I'd say just apply for junior positions in this field to see if you can get in or not. You have 6 months of relative experience, which is better than alot of recent graduates out there. If you are interested in asp.net and C# for your career, I suggest you register some microsoft courses for .NET Technology.
    MCTS - ASP .NET Applications
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:18 PM
  • .NET Certifications:

The current Microsoft Certs for (.NET) are .net framework 3.5 and 4.0.

when you choose 3.5 you need to pass this exam 70-536 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework - Application Development Foundation 

from there you can jump to MCTS Certifcations on ASP.NET/Win-Forms/WCF/WPF & ADO.net 3.5 before taking MCPD Certification.

thanks and Good Luck!

-=johnjl=-
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:15 AM

All replies

• Of course it is possible, but you will need to get updated on your skills. Go for some certifications such as A+, Network+ from CompTIA. 3 years is a long time, esp in IT which changes so much. You could always take a shot at free practice tests at knolwedgebuster to get an idea of where you are at with your skills and knowledge and it may help you make a decision. good luck!
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:42 PM
  • I'd say just apply for junior positions in this field to see if you can get in or not. You have 6 months of relative experience, which is better than alot of recent graduates out there. If you are interested in asp.net and C# for your career, I suggest you register some microsoft courses for .NET Technology.
    MCTS - ASP .NET Applications
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:18 PM
  • .NET Certifications:

The current Microsoft Certs for (.NET) are .net framework 3.5 and 4.0.

when you choose 3.5 you need to pass this exam 70-536 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework - Application Development Foundation 

from there you can jump to MCTS Certifcations on ASP.NET/Win-Forms/WCF/WPF & ADO.net 3.5 before taking MCPD Certification.

thanks and Good Luck!

-=johnjl=-
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:15 AM