Error in preoperation plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a plugin registered on case entity in preoperation on create message under admin user.

This plugin access a web-service to get contact data from on create of contact in preoperation and set it to the contact record and then the record save happens. if the web-service did not respond I am throwing invalid plugin execution exception.

Because of this plugin I am getting generic SQL error in event viewer. I am getting following error message in Diagnostic tool and platform trace logs- "Message processor was not able to process message create for contact". I am getting following error in SQL server profiler- "New transaction is not allowed because there are other threads running in the session".

The occurrence of this error is very random and when it occurs it affects all the workstations.

Request help from the community.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:28 AM

All replies

• You can try a number of things:

1. Try registering the plugin on pre-operation. If the web service call fails, the transaction will still roll back in the database
    2. Modify your web service to do something simple (e.g. return a string) and then try to alert the string within your plugin code using an InvalidPluginExecutionException

Lastly, how long does it take before you receive an error after saving a Contact record?

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:59 AM