Error when trying to import CRMforNonprofitOrganizations RRS feed

• Question

• If the Donation management 1.2 solution is already imported into the CRM 2011 organization, you receive an error when importing CRMforNonprofitOrganizations.

The error is "Cannot import component Attribute: 82532280-9256-4875-b865-72d50259e1b9. The publisher of the solution that is being imported does not match the publisher of the solution that installed this component."

Is it not possible to import the latest version of Non-profit solutions over the previous donation management 1.2?

If this is the case, what added benefits are in the latest version?

Best regards,

Al Ericson
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:47 PM

Answers

• I do not know this.

For various valid reasons, when implementing the Non-profit solutions, installing it over the previous donation management 1.2 was ruled out. Hence this was never tested & is an unsupported way of doing it.

thank you,

RBaliga

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

It is not possible to import the latest version of Non-profit solutions over the previous donation management 1.2.

The new Non-profit solutions was re-written to overcome the limitation that the previous version had also to add more features.

One workaround you can try is... you can try to export the data that you want to save. Uninstall the Donation management 1.2. Install the Non-profit solution and try to reimport your data back.

Thank you,

RBaliga

• Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, January 23, 2012 2:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is not possible to import the latest version of Non-profit solutions over the previous donation management 1.2.

The new Non-profit solutions was re-written to overcome the limitation that the previous version had also to add more features.

One workaround you can try is... you can try to export the data that you want to save. Uninstall the Donation management 1.2. Install the Non-profit solution and try to reimport your data back.

Thank you,

RBaliga

• Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, January 23, 2012 2:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Hi Rashmi,

Thank you for the reply, I did try a step where I edited the XML to have the same publisher name for both the new and old donation management solution. When importing, it completes all of the entities, however I run into an error "Expression must evaluate to a node-set." on the Account Form.

Any ideas on the above error?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Al Ericson
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:05 PM
  • I do not know this.

For various valid reasons, when implementing the Non-profit solutions, installing it over the previous donation management 1.2 was ruled out. Hence this was never tested & is an unsupported way of doing it.

thank you,

RBaliga

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:07 PM
  • I have encountered a similar problem. We are unable to import the template because it failed to install the `Donation History for individual'. Any suggestions as to why or how I can go about fixing it?

Thank you

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:41 AM