run as Different user script RRS feed

• Question

• hi all 

I'm facing difficulty to create a CMD  script to run an application like notepad as different user and I want the password to be saved so I don't have to write it 

for example, <g class="gr_ gr_788 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="788" id="788">username</g> is test and password is 123

what i have been reached is (runas /user:test "C:\windows\Notepad.exe")

but it will ask for the password everytime I run it

kindly help me 

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:35 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Sunday, September 9, 2018 8:04 AM

All replies

• Fix you post.  It is full of unreadable characters.

Read the following for instructions on saving a password

runas /?

\_(ツ)_/

Sunday, September 9, 2018 8:09 AM
  • hi all 

I'm facing difficulty to create a CMD  script to run an application like notepad as different user and I want the password to be saved so I don't have to write it 

for example, <g class="gr_ gr_788 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="788" id="788">username</g> is test and password is 123

what i have been reached is (runas /user:test "C:\windows\Notepad.exe")

but it will ask for the password everytime I run it

kindly help me 

Hi Hussain,

In order to solve your problem you can use /savecred as shown in the example below:

runas /user:[Domain Name]\[User Name] /savecred [Application Name]

In your example that would be:

runas /user\test /savecred notepad.exe

The first time you will be prompted for a password. 

Once you enter the password, the next time you execute the command will not ask for it.

After that, you can create a .bat file and execute it at anytime without entering the password.

Hope this helps you !

Sunday, September 9, 2018 8:52 AM