Syncing to device memory or storage card RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Thanks for the great new mobile device client! Really appreciated. I'm using an E-ten Glofiish X800.

How do you control whether folders are created and synced in device memory or on a storage card? By default my card was used which yes, has more space available but no, is less secure as it can be removed (stolen...) I know storage cards can be encrypted but I would like to be in charge of where folders for syncing are located.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards, Neil
    Friday, October 31, 2008 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When you sync a folder on to your mobile it will ask where you want to sync it in case you have a storage card available.
    Choosing to syc to storage card will sync the folder to \Storage Card\Live Folders. While choosing the memory card will sync the folder to \Live Folders\ .

Thanks,
    Vinay
    Friday, October 31, 2008 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you sync a folder on to your mobile it will ask where you want to sync it in case you have a storage card available.
    Choosing to syc to storage card will sync the folder to \Storage Card\Live Folders. While choosing the memory card will sync the folder to \Live Folders\ .

Thanks,
    Vinay
    Friday, October 31, 2008 2:31 PM
  • Hi Vinay,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. That works great when I setup the sync from the Live Mesh mobile client - I get the choice offered. I had previously set the folder to sync to the phone using the Live Desktop and it had then defaulted to the storage card. All ok now.

Thanks, Neil
    Friday, October 31, 2008 4:15 PM