CRM 4.0 Instalation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to install Dynamics CRM on my company! But my company has one SQL server(2005 SP2) and an app server!

When i have installed CRM every thing went very nice! and i can rum the CRM and all the tasks without issues! but after some time entering information on the system, we have tried to run some reports! and the problem is tha we can not run any report!

After verifying the installation i've noticed that Connector for SSRS was not installed either in CRM server or the SQL server ( i think this is only required on SQL server)  so... i've installed it!

but even so i can't run any report! so i've tryed something different! i went to the event viewer from CRM 4.0 Server to see what was the error generated

Web service request SetParameters to Report Server http://192.168.1.220/ReportServer failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorised.

the i tried one other thing... i went to reporting services and i've tried to run the same report with the same user (no interaction with CRM! and my surprise was... that i actually can run the report! but if i try to run the same report in the CRM context i receive the error 401...

i've run out of ideas to try to solve this! Tongue Tied

does anybody ave a clue!? of what can it be!?

thanks in advanced

**UPDATED**

I've notived that any user can run reports they all receive the same 401 excemption error (no authoriation) but! if the user is the same used uppon installation! then the report runs as expected! it mightbe permitions, but I've already gave permitions in Reproting Services to the user group of CRM! is there any thing that i'm missing!?
    Friday, January 2, 2009 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hello Donna,

thanks for your reply, I've already done that! It was one of the first things that I've though and... it was every thing with the correct privileges!

I think I've found the cause of the issue! but it seems to be very strange to me!

when entering in reporting services by web browser I've clicked in the link for the MSCRM_DataSource by mistake. and i thought "lets see this deeply". and in the Dependent Items tab. I've noticed that there wasn't any report on the list! So i went back to reports, selected one report, changed the data source, applied the changes, went back  to CRM to run the report! and then xaraaaam it has run beautiful! Big Smile Problem solved! just have to change data source at all reports! Smile

What i can't understand, is why did the reports came without the link to the data source!? Is it necessary to do this to all reports after CRM instalation!?
    Friday, January 2, 2009 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Mario,

Check the Report Server to ensure the Reporting Service Users group has rights to the Reports
    • Go to the 4.0 Reports folder on the Report Server and open the folder that contains the list of Reports
    • Select the Properties tab
    • Select Security from the left navigation menu
      • Your DomainName\DomainUsers should have Browser, Browser for Microsoft CRM, My Reports, Report Builder rights
      • DomainName\ReportingGroup should have Browser for Microsoft CRM

A few other things you can try:

• Ensure your users have rights to view reports in their Security Role under Settings, Administration
    • Add the CRM server URL to trusted Intranet Sites

Friday, January 2, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Hello Donna,

thanks for your reply, I've already done that! It was one of the first things that I've though and... it was every thing with the correct privileges!

I think I've found the cause of the issue! but it seems to be very strange to me!

when entering in reporting services by web browser I've clicked in the link for the MSCRM_DataSource by mistake. and i thought "lets see this deeply". and in the Dependent Items tab. I've noticed that there wasn't any report on the list! So i went back to reports, selected one report, changed the data source, applied the changes, went back  to CRM to run the report! and then xaraaaam it has run beautiful! Big Smile Problem solved! just have to change data source at all reports! Smile

What i can't understand, is why did the reports came without the link to the data source!? Is it necessary to do this to all reports after CRM instalation!?
    Friday, January 2, 2009 4:09 PM
  • It is not expected behavior.  It seems that something didn't go as expected during the installation.  By default the data source should be associated with the reports.

Friday, January 2, 2009 5:18 PM
  • It sounds like there was a problem with the installation of the CRM Connector for SSRS. This connector changes the MSCRM data source in reporting services, so it may be that the installation did not complete correctly.

Friday, January 2, 2009 5:28 PM
  • I think the dos command is deployreports.

Try it, it works

Monday, January 5, 2009 11:07 PM