Can not get Adobe Flash Player to work after installing W Live Onecare. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I have not been able to get any flash players to  work since downloading WLOCare. I get no Zune music or you tube videos at all.

I have followed Adobe's trouble shooting the problem to the letter, too many times and still can not get it to work.

Thoughts, Ideas, Help?

Thanks,

Magoo

Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:56 PM

All replies

•  

Please turn firewall off temporarily (preferably behind a router) and see if the problem resolves. If it doesn't, then it is not a firewall issue, if it does, then we will need to troubleshoot more.
    Friday, December 28, 2007 4:07 AM
  • Have you updated to the latest Flash player?

If Adobe Flash is the only thing impacted, I am pretty certain this is not a OneCare firewall issue, but turning off the OneCare firewall to test this theory, per Neeraj's suggestion is the way to confirm.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 2:19 PM
  • I uninstalled the Adobe as explained on the site. I turned off the OneCare firewall and tried to do an install and still not getting a complete download, or one that works anyway.

I don't know what to try next?

Thanks all

Ken

Monday, December 31, 2007 1:02 AM
  • Hi, Ken, if turning off the OneCare firewall did not resolve the problem, it would appear to be a setting in your browser or a problem with the Flash Player. I suggest contacting Adobe for further help.

Alternatively, install a different browser such as Firefox and see if you can use it for Flash content - then you would know it was an IE problem and can pursue this in the IE newsgroup.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:51 AM
  • Hi Steve and all,

It appears to be an Adobe problem because if I open things in AOL's Brower I get the flash and sound. If I try to open the same thing in IE or Firefox it tells me I must download Flash Plugin for your browser I have done this so many times it is making me nuts.

As I understand it now, I will have to play cat and mouse with Adobe to get the problem corrected. Thanks again for the insight.

Ken   

Monday, December 31, 2007 5:53 PM
  • Hi Steve and all,

I must make a correction, for the goof I tried to play the flash in Firefox after downloading Adobe to it, and it is working in Firefox. It however is Not playing in IE.

Now I am really confused? Is it now an IE problem? Any ideas of an easy way to get some help on this one?

BTW, if you choose to take a peak at what I am currently trying to play, it is well worth the look.

http://www.e-water.net/viewflash.php?flash=irishblessing_en

Thanks again, the plot thickens,

Ken

Monday, December 31, 2007 6:06 PM
  • Since it works in the AOL browser and in Firefox, it could be a security setting in IE. I'd go back to Adobe. I have a similar issue in IE7 on Vista with a particular ActiveX control that absolutely fails to work and I've been going crazy to figure out how to deal with it. :-) It works in IE7 on XP, just not on Vista. So, it would appear that your problem is IE specific and Adobe should be able to sort it for you.

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:38 AM
  • Any updates? I'm having the same problem... once I installed OneCare some flash content can not be played in IE7. I tryed changing the security settings of the IE but still it wouldn't work. It works in all other browsers... it's very annoying!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Raul

Friday, February 1, 2008 10:46 PM
  • Thanks, Raul. I've updated the thread to mark your post as the answer. :-)

-steve

Saturday, February 2, 2008 3:11 AM
  • I am in the same boat with Mr. Magoo!

I have tried everything Adobe recommends to fix this problem, and I cannot get Adboe to run at all-- not in IE or Firefox!!

I called Microsoft and I was on the phone with them for 2 hours, and they couldn't even fix it.

They told me to call Adobe!!  Adobe doesn't assist with its free software dowloads (this is BS), so I tried to contact them via email.
    I went back to me free Adobe registration account to check if they responded and my email request for help was deleted!!

I have been without a flashplayer for 2 months, and it's because QAdobe and Microsoft colude to not help their customers with their crappy products!!

Next step is a letter to the CEOs of both companies filing a complaint!!

If anyone has any suggestions, please post to this board, so I can get on with my life!!

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:56 PM
  •  Nick Mat wrote:

I am in the same boat with Mr. Magoo!

I have tried everything Adobe recommends to fix this problem, and I cannot get Adboe to run at all-- not in IE or Firefox!!

I called Microsoft and I was on the phone with them for 2 hours, and they couldn't even fix it.

They told me to call Adobe!!  Adobe doesn't assist with its free software dowloads (this is BS), so I tried to contact them via email.
    I went back to me free Adobe registration account to check if they responded and my email request for help was deleted!!

I have been without a flashplayer for 2 months, and it's because QAdobe and Microsoft colude to not help their customers with their crappy products!!

Next step is a letter to the CEOs of both companies filing a complaint!!

If anyone has any suggestions, please post to this board, so I can get on with my life!!

Are you using Windows Live OneCare? If not, you're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

-steve

Monday, March 24, 2008 3:38 PM