CRM Workflow not firing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Workflow on a custom Entity that is supposed to fire on record creation and create an activity but doesn't.
    When I look in Workflow Monitor it says that the rule worked (Status: Finished)
    When I manually fire the same Rule, it works and the task is created. In this case too the Workflow Monitor shows similar Record.
    What should I do do fix this?

I am on CRM 3.0

Thanks,
    Asim.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 8:14 PM

Answers

• Thanks Hassan but I believe I figured it out.
    The data was being inserted using a custom application and CRM SDK. There is one picklist in the entity which was passed an empty value. This picklist does not accept an empty (null) value. Once I passed valid value for this picklist, the on create workflow started working.

Asim.
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Asim,

Please check the logic of your workflow.  Could it be that a condition is not met when a new record is created?
    Try to change the flow and test again.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:07 AM
  • Hi Hassan

There is really no condition except: "when <entity> is creted"

Also I am sure this has worked a few months back when I created it first time.

Asim.
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:10 AM
  • Asim, 

Send me a screenshot of the workflow and the conditions. I'll see if I can help. hassanhussainblog@gmail.com

H.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:16 PM
  • Thanks Hassan but I believe I figured it out.
    The data was being inserted using a custom application and CRM SDK. There is one picklist in the entity which was passed an empty value. This picklist does not accept an empty (null) value. Once I passed valid value for this picklist, the on create workflow started working.

Asim.
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:11 PM