WHS Connector Causes Boot/Startup/Login Delay RRS feed

• Question

• I have had this issue with 2 different machines.  one I resolved by doing a clean install.  The other, that I am struggling with now, I've done a fresh install 3 times and am unable to get rid of the problem.

Issue: This occurs after installing the WHS 2011 Connector.  When booting, after entering the password, the screen just hangs for 60-80 seconds without doing anything.

If the connector is uninstalled, the computer returns to normal and boots normally without the hang.

If the Microsoft account is removed and a local account is used instead, the computer boots normally.

I have made the user name and password the same on the server as the microsoft account, this did not help.

When uninstalling the connector, I have also removed the computer from WHS and setup fresh, to no avail.

Computer is running Win 8.1 Pro

Other computers on the network are running identically and connect just fine without the login delay.

Any ideas?

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are these two machines same mode and all Windows 8.1 machines? Have you tried to update the drivers on the machine to the latest version to see if the slow startup issue persists? I suspect the cause of the issue is the WHS connector and other applications conflict issue. In addition, please also try to flush DNS (Command Prompt: ipconfig /flushdns) to see if it works.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:30 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are these two machines same mode and all Windows 8.1 machines? Have you tried to update the drivers on the machine to the latest version to see if the slow startup issue persists? I suspect the cause of the issue is the WHS connector and other applications conflict issue. In addition, please also try to flush DNS (Command Prompt: ipconfig /flushdns) to see if it works.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:30 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:02 AM
  • Hi Andy,

I see you marked your own reply as the answer, but it did not work for me.  Sorry for my delay in replying.

Yes, both machine ares Windows 8.1 machines (there are actually 3 8.1 machines on the same network and this is the only one that has the problem, although all 3 have experienced it in the past).  All updates have been performed.  Flush DNS did not alleviate the problem.  Do you have another idea?

Thanks,

Craig

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:43 PM