MS CRM 2011: Can i use Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Dynamics CRM v4.1.3 with MS CRM 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can i use Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Dynamics CRM v4.1.3 with MS CRM 2011?

Thanks a lot!

Monday, March 14, 2011 10:38 AM

Answers

• I haven't seen any information out there on Cisco's site for this.  I would say you should maybe install a CRM 2011 90 day trial and try to connect it up to a test server for call center. 

There are a number of factors at play here.  If they are using the metadata service at all you will be out of luck, but the main data service from 4.0 is still intact in 2011.

There is some Cisco support activity out there around this question I see but nothing that looks resolved at this point.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    LinkedIn Profile
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:28 PM

All replies

• I haven't seen any information out there on Cisco's site for this.  I would say you should maybe install a CRM 2011 90 day trial and try to connect it up to a test server for call center. 

There are a number of factors at play here.  If they are using the metadata service at all you will be out of luck, but the main data service from 4.0 is still intact in 2011.

There is some Cisco support activity out there around this question I see but nothing that looks resolved at this point.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    LinkedIn Profile
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Thanks Jamie,

I'll also try to get an answer at Cisco forums...

Eka

Monday, March 14, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Jamie and Eka,

I confirm that this is possible. I have succesfully configured the CUCC v4.1.3 to work with the RTM version of CRM 2011. As Jamie pointed out this is due to the fact that the Call Connector uses the CRM 4.0 CrmService which is still supported in CRM 2011.

The only issue I ran into was a "Login Failed: the request failed with HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized" error from the CUCC client. THe workaround is to go to the CRM Configuration tab of the Configuration of the CUCC client, click on the Override MSCRM Credentials checkbox and enter your domain credentials. The CUCC client should connect upon restart.

Hopefully Cisco will release a version of the client that officially supports CRM 2011 in the near future.

Hope this helps,

Ivan Kurtev

Delivery Director - CRM

Green Beacon Solutions, LLC

www.greenbeacon.com

Friday, March 25, 2011 2:56 PM
  • @Ivan: Can you tell me what Server / PC client OS that you have installed on? Thanks
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:55 AM