CRM IFD Tool and Windows Authentication Prompt RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, configured the IFD tool with the information required and tried pinging the dns and it gets resolved.
    In the internal network I put 192.168.60.251 (CRM server) and Subnet as 255.255.255.0

Domain as schs.org.ae (IFD Section) and the rest gets populated.

Anonymous access and Integrated is set on the CRM directory in IIS

When i access crmorg.schs.org.ae:5050 from IE i get the windows authentication prompt; entering the info work and im able to get access, but i dont get signin page.

However if i change my subnet to 255.255.255.255 (as someone suggested) then i get no prompt but an error message and in the IE address bar it shows that the page is going to the signin.aspx page

The page cannot be displayed

You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.

Please try the following:

• Contact the Web site administrator if you believe this directory should allow execute access.

HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Scripts and executables are chosen!

MVI - Most Valuable Indian
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Sheldon,

you only get the signin page, when your computer is outsite the 192.168.60 network. If you computer is in the network area you configured in the IFD-Tool, you would get the AD-Authentification.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    • Proposed as answer by ckeller Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:17 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:10 PM