off topic Windows XP Professional technical problems. (Please help) RRS feed

• General discussion

• I previously got a virus on my computer and have norton 2008 which I used to get rid of the virus.  After doing this a basic processing function of some kind was deleted or messed up.  Now my computer does not display colors and other things correctly.  Pictures and video work fine, but I believe that something which processes Direct X and/or Java is messed up because the problems seem to be with those.  Windows programs, internet pages, and other things will display incorrectly, the text will be there but have weird colors or sizes, there will be drop down lists with clear backgrounds so that if there is writing underneath the words will overlap, or there will be white writing on white background, and all webpages are displayed with white backgrounds even if I program them myself.  I have tried everything and do not know what to do.  I am fairly good with computers,but this problem is driving me crazy.  I am about ready to reformat and start over, but really don't want to.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone who helps.  I really do appreciate it.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:53 AM

All replies