none
can not install WHS on dell poweredge 2400 RRS feed

• Question

• i want to install WHS on a dell poweredge 2400 , the dell i got comes with a scsi cd rom and WHS is  only on a dvd disk , how do i get pass this problem. i tried but with no luck sofar can not get a scsi dvd rom 
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• If the Dell Poweredge has an IDE port, you can connect an IDE DVD-ROM. Or you can try putting the Windows Home Server installation media on a bootable USB flash drive, assuming your server has USB ports and can boot from USB. There's a "how to" on the Home Server Hacks blog; it's part of this series of articles.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:50 PM
  • something like this may help: sata card
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 7:21 AM
  • The Dell Poweredge 2400 that I have has no IDE ports onboard, nor is it USB bootable.  I have added a PCI card with SATA and IDE headers, but again, not bootable from the PCI card either.  Short of buying a one time use SCSI DVD drive, is there an option to create a boot CD that can then pull the necessary files from a USB flash drive?  I've been scouring the net for a couple days now but I've yet to find a viable solution short of spending more money for a part I'll only use once.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 1:58 AM