WHS 2011 Dashboard showing incorrect status under "Computers and Backup" RRS feed

• Question

• OK i recently installed Windows Home Server 2011 and I installed the Connector on one of my computers and let it do the back up but it failed with an incomplete status.   The problem is now that the laptpop reports "offline" even though it is on and I can connect to the Dashboard remotely and the Launch Pad works and communicates too.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the connector and it gave me no issues other than it said an existing computer with the same name was already on the server.

I have a another laptop I installed the connector on and that says online even though it is off and the server has an alert stating the backups are not set even though they are.  

It is basically like the status of everything is not updating and rebooting the server and reconnecting the clients has been no help.

What else can I try??

Monday, June 6, 2011 1:44 AM

All replies

• What AV or Firewall are you using on the clients?
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Go to the disk management program on the server. To find it type in disk management in the search window and click on the result.  Then go to the disk that is offline and right click.  Check the online command and I believe your issue will be resolved.

Night Owl

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:53 AM
  • I recommend uninstalling the connector software on all machnines, reboot the pc's.  Then change the name of the pc's making sure they are all diffent.  Reinstall the connector software and reboot the pc. Hope this helps resolve your issue.

Night Owl

Monday, May 7, 2012 6:18 PM