UVERSE.....Remote access not working because WHS is seeing the OLD gateway IP from a previous DSL setup 10.0.0.1 RRS feed

• Question

• HI I have exhausete all with HP support and ATT tech level 2.  My HP Mediasmart server us seeing the router gateway as 10.0.0.1 which was my old setup before UVERSE.... now all is on 192...... everything is good except looking on console for settings.... remote access, you see the server has goood 192 address but shows router as 10...... IPconfig on server in CMD shows same 10...... It seems like that setting is somehow embedded in the server and nothing can flush it out.

Have done dual port forwarding on 2Wire and Linkis.....  but THE PROBLEM is server is trying to use 10....... and cant see internet.

Final advice from HP was to use Recovery Disk to reinstall the OS on server so maybe it would erase the crasy 10.... out of the IP configuration so it would properly see the actual default gateway 192.168.0.1

Any other advise??????

Architect and know it all ;-)
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 3:28 PM

All replies

• Are you sure that at some point you did not have a server fixed IP and also entered the old gateway IP manually rather than using DHCP?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:10 PM