What happened to the Owner, Customer & Lookup classes in 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• If I wanted to get the name of a record Owner, I could simply grab it like this in 4.0:

string ownerid = myDE1.Properties.Contains("ownerid") ? ((Owner)myDE1.Properties["ownerid"]).name : string.Empty;

I adjusted the code to work in 2011, but the Owner class doesn’t exist in the Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk namespace:

string ownerid = myDE1.Attributes.Contains("ownerid") ? ((Owner)myDE1.Attributes["ownerid"]).name : string.Empty;

Do I assume that the QueryExpression in 2011 will only return the GUID of the owner, then I have to execute another QueryExpression to find the name?
    Thanks for reading.

Friday, October 14, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

• Assuming myDE1 is of type Entity then you'd need this:

string ownerName = myDE1.Attributes.Contains("ownerid") ? ((EntityReference)myDE1["ownerid"]).Name : string.Empty;

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Friday, October 14, 2011 2:12 PM

All replies

• All those classes have been replaced by EntityReference.

You can still perform the same operations on EntityReference. For the owner field it can be a user/team and for customer it can be account/contact.

Friday, October 14, 2011 1:36 PM
  • not sure I follow...  Is this what you had in mind?

string ownerid = myDE1.Attributes.Contains("ownerid") ? new EntityReference(SystemUser.EntityLogicalName, (Guid)myDE1.Attributes["ownerid"]).Name : string.Empty;

Friday, October 14, 2011 2:05 PM
  • Assuming myDE1 is of type Entity then you'd need this:

string ownerName = myDE1.Attributes.Contains("ownerid") ? ((EntityReference)myDE1["ownerid"]).Name : string.Empty;

Friday, October 14, 2011 2:12 PM
  • Cool, thank you.  I'm assuming the Lookup gets changed like this:

Guid regardingobjectid = myDE1.Attributes.Contains("regardingobjectid") ? ((EntityReference)myDE1.Attributes["regardingobjectid"]).Id : Guid.Empty;

Friday, October 14, 2011 2:27 PM
  • Yes that gives you the ID of the regarding object.

Friday, October 14, 2011 2:30 PM
  • How about the type?  I'm looking for the entity type for a Regarding field.

Guid regardingobjectidGUID = myDE5.Attributes.Contains("regardingobjectid") ? ((EntityReference)myDE5.Attributes["regardingobjectid"]).Id : Guid.Empty;                            string regardingobjectidname = myDE5.Attributes.Contains("regardingobjectid") ? ((EntityReference)myDE5.Attributes["regardingobjectid"]).Name : string.Empty;                            string regardingobjectidtype = myDE5.Attributes.Contains("regardingobjectid") ? ((EntityReference)myDE5.Attributes["regardingobjectid"]).type : string.Empty;

Friday, October 14, 2011 6:45 PM
  • For the type:

string regardingobjecttype = myDE1.Attributes.Contains("regardingobjectid") ? ((EntityReference)myDE1.Attributes["regardingobjectid"]).LogicalName : string.Empty

Friday, October 14, 2011 7:36 PM