none
Wiki achievements not granted RRS feed

Answers

• My understanding is that the "Wiki Commentator" achievements require comments made to the article (not as part of an edit), while the "Wiki Community Editor" achievements require a comment as part of a revision (edit). The profile statistics do not distinguish between the two types of comments.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, August 2, 2013 4:28 PM
  • Hi Danny,

No problem - and indeed, this is precisely what is happening.  Edit Comments do not count towards recognition.

Sorry to get your hopes up - but now you know!

Thanks,

John

John Wood - Project Manager MSDN & TechNet Blogs and TechNet Wiki

Monday, July 29, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• I have 44 comments listed, and don't have that medal either.

I am not sure that what shows as "Comments" on our profiles is what gets counted....

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:21 PM
  • Hi Danny,

I am going to look into with our developers.  My suspicion is that Edit Comments (of which you have many) do not count towards the medals.  I believe we only instrumented the recognition to count actual Article Comments.  However, if that is the case, we probably shouldn't tally those on your Profile under Wiki Comments.

I will get some clarity on this and report back here with my findings.

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:48 PM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for looking into this! If Edit Comments do not count then that would explain why this will not grant a medal

@Karl, thanks for your reply.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:02 PM
  • Hi Danny,

No problem - and indeed, this is precisely what is happening.  Edit Comments do not count towards recognition.

Sorry to get your hopes up - but now you know!

Thanks,

John

Monday, July 29, 2013 5:59 PM
  • My understanding is that the "Wiki Commentator" achievements require comments made to the article (not as part of an edit), while the "Wiki Community Editor" achievements require a comment as part of a revision (edit). The profile statistics do not distinguish between the two types of comments.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, August 2, 2013 4:28 PM