Multiple Licenses Purchased- Only one appears in Account file RRS feed

• Question

•  

I purchased two OneCare programs over the past year. One in December of last year and one in May of 2007. I have currently installed Onecare on five machines and have had no difficulty. However all five of these have the same expiration date.

I need to renew the December version and add one more machine to complete my three.

Can you tell me if all of the licenses should appear if activated under different purchases? and if so how do I fix it

Friday, December 7, 2007 9:53 PM

Answers

• What you have done is activate the 5 copies with the same LiveID. So, to resolve this, you will need to uninstall OneCare from 2 machines and then reinstall. When you reinstall on the first machine of the three, use a *different* LiveID to activate and use the retail key from, the package from May. If it tells you that the key was used already, try the key from the retail package from December. That will create your second subscription. Now activate on the other reinstall and the new install on the 6th computer with the second subscription LiveID.

-steve

Saturday, December 8, 2007 1:50 AM

All replies

• What you have done is activate the 5 copies with the same LiveID. So, to resolve this, you will need to uninstall OneCare from 2 machines and then reinstall. When you reinstall on the first machine of the three, use a *different* LiveID to activate and use the retail key from, the package from May. If it tells you that the key was used already, try the key from the retail package from December. That will create your second subscription. Now activate on the other reinstall and the new install on the 6th computer with the second subscription LiveID.

-steve

Saturday, December 8, 2007 1:50 AM
  •  

Steve-

If I understand you correctly, I need a different Live ID per 3 computers plus a license for every 3 computers is that correct?

If not then I don't understand your "different" Live ID statement

Many thanks

Dan

Saturday, December 8, 2007 5:17 AM
  • Dan,

I found a solution in the Windows Live Onecare help file so I am gonna show you how to resolve your problem:
    1. Visit Microsoft Billing and Account Management.
    2. If you're prompted, sign in with your Windows Live ID.
    3. Under Your Services, click Windows Live OneCare, and then click Renew this service.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Notes
    • Microsoft will send you an e-mail message to remind you of your subscription renewal 30 days before your subscription expires.
    • If you purchased your subscription with a credit card and you have your credit card on file with Microsoft Billing and Account Management, Microsoft will renew your subscription automatically on the renewal date.

Matteo

Saturday, December 8, 2007 7:25 AM
  •  Robbiehou wrote:

Steve-

If I understand you correctly, I need a different Live ID per 3 computers plus a license for every 3 computers is that correct?

If not then I don't understand your "different" Live ID statement

Many thanks

Dan

Yes, that is absolutely correct, Dan.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 2:16 PM