none
Cannot Take exam in Pakistan (No Payment Option Available) RRS feed

• Question

• I want to take 70-667 exam through prometric but on the scheduling page under Payment Options, following text is displayed:

You must use a voucher or 100% promo to schedule this exam.

I have checked with ALL local Prometric testing centers in my area (Lahore, Pakistan), and none of them were able to schedule the exam because they did not have vouchers and they could not use cards either. I think credit cards have been disabled across Pakistan by Prometric. 

I have seen some websites selling exam vouchers for around 150 USD but the original price of test is 80 USD and I am not willing to pay to such sites and almost double the amount, I don't even know how legitimate they are. So my question is, how do I take this test in Pakistan? I had submitted a complaint through Prometric site but I have not received any response yet.

Trying to register with Prometric Voucher Purchase site does not work either, they have rejected my request twice. I think they only sell to testing centers/companies and not individuals. Quite frustrating.

• Edited by Mr. WhartyModerator Friday, December 28, 2012 7:21 AM Changed title as this problem occurs for all exams
    Monday, December 17, 2012 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Waqas,

I've forwarded your concern onto a contact at Microsoft Learning to see whether they can escalate it to someone at Prometric.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath.S Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Waqas Arshed Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:10 PM

All replies

• Did you try making the booking directly with Prometric over the phone https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/Pages/contact-numbers.aspx?client=Microsoft?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Monday, December 17, 2012 9:11 PM
  • Did you try making the booking directly with Prometric over the phone https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/Pages/contact-numbers.aspx?client=Microsoft?

Jeff Wharton

Yes, I did just now. I was unable to get a booking. All they said was that they would investigate the issue and get back to me (Why have the credit card payments been disallowed) and said that I would have to wait (or if I have a voucher, I can get it scheduled) so practically, there still is no option to schedule the exam for me. No local testing center has vouchers, Prometric does not give me an option to buy voucher from them neither does it allow me to use the credit card. Waiting is my only option. I really hope that it gets resolved soon. 

UPDATE: Just heard back from Prometric, they asked me to send voucher purchase request to their vouchers team. The vouchers team in turn has asked me to register at voucher purchase site (which I had already tried and got rejected twice). Feels like I am running in circles, not getting anywhere.
    • Edited by Waqas Arshed Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:00 AM Added update
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:31 AM
  • And finally my account has been rejected again, and again for vague reasons. I don't know what procedures do they use for verification but that is definitely not my problem unless they tell me specifically what exactly they want. I have provided every information as required by sign up / profile creation process and even then the request repeatedly gets rejected and with the same generic reasons.

I have no idea why in the world have they made the process of taking the exam so difficult that it is practically next to impossible now. 

Anyways, I am too frustrated now. I hope someone from MS takes this matter seriously and talk to Prometric. People from Pakistan are unable to take MS exams.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:45 PM
  • Hi Waqas,

I've forwarded your concern onto a contact at Microsoft Learning to see whether they can escalate it to someone at Prometric.

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath.S Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Waqas Arshed Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:10 PM
  • Hi Waqas,

Jeff Wharton

Thanks a lot Jeff. I really appreciate it.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:23 AM
  • Waqas Arshad

Did you try contacting New Horizon karachi, they are conducting 70-667 exam in karachi

Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:45 PM
  • Earlier today, I tried to contact every testing center in Karachi and Rawalpindi (in addition to previously tried Lahore centers) except US foundation centers (as they have already said that they do not deal with registration, they only conduct exams). The end result was: I was able to locate a couple of testing centers which are actually able to register/pay and conduct exams, for the rest, a couple did not answer despite several attempts with phone (and I think New Horizon was also the one that could not be contacted), and the remaining straight away said that they were unable to register/schedule due to payment changes at that moment. 

However, none of the centers, which are able to register successfully in Karachi, was cooperative enough. They said that I would have to be physically there in order to take the exam, although I had proposed that I would pay full in advance and later re-schedule to Lahore once they register me for the exam but they did not agree. 

A couple, who are still waiting for their vouchers/payment confirmation from Prometric assured me that they would help me as soon as their payments are confirmed by Prometric but at this very moment, they are on hold. 

No center in Lahore is even trying to settle this with Prometric. 

I will try New Horizon again, first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:05 PM
  • I am still waiting for an official reply from Microsoft however there have been a number of new restrictions placed on certain countries which limits the ability to schedule and pay for exams.  Microsoft are validating whether these new restrictions have been applied to Pakistan (I am able to schedule and pay for this exam online in Australia so I know it's not an issue specific to this exam).

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:20 PM
  • Same problem with me, I'm also from Pakistan and wanted to give 70-640 exam before this month ends but seems like i have to wait till next year now :(, Waqas have you found any solution (voucher)?  I talked with some testing centers and they were sure that problem will be solved in a week. 
    Monday, December 24, 2012 5:17 AM
  • @Haroon: No, I am still waiting but it is probable that the testing registration starts again in this week. A few people that I have talked to are just waiting for the payment clearance from MS/Prometric and approx. time was start of this week so I am keeping my fingers crossed too. Maybe, they will get the vouchers today or tomorrow or sometime later this week. I will update here as soon as I get some info.

@Mr. Wharty: Yes, I figured that too. The problem is not specific with a single exam, its rather a general problem with payment procedure and we just hope it gets resolved soon. If it is not too much too ask, can you please follow up with your contact at MS? :)

Monday, December 24, 2012 5:28 AM
  • I have followed it up with them again however given that it's the Christmas period, it's unlikely that I'll get a reply before the end of the week.

Jeff Wharton

Monday, December 24, 2012 9:24 AM
  • So it means that we still dont know when we can pay by credit card? Only option is to buy vouchers from test centers? Please inform in this thread when they got vouchers. Also if you can find what will they charge for that?
    Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:25 AM
  • I am having same issue. I want to give test for 70-515. i get a vouchers from Microsoft
    site but there is no payment method there also Prometric does not have any
    information regarding payment. Please share it here whenever anyone gets a
    solution to this problem.

Thanks

• Edited by Mahboob Khan Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:42 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:41 PM
  • Prometric contacted me today and said that they're looking into the issues raised in this thread and will provide feedback shortly.

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:57 PM
  • Thanks Jeff this is a good news. Waiting for it...

Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:51 PM
  • I got the same issue for Exam 70-417
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:01 PM
  • I have the same issue for 70-667, please resolve it quickly as weekend is coming.

Thank you.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:49 PM
  • I have contacted Prometric again asking for assistance.  If I do not get a reply today I will escalate it with Microsoft again.

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:52 PM
  • Hi,

I am having the same issue in islamabad Pakistan. I am trying to register for 70-515.

I have tried every thing but invain.

Prometric is asking for voucher and promo code only. Couple of months back there was credit card option too but now its gone.

I have called the prometric office in Malaysia too but they had no clue.

Please post it here whenever a solution is available.

Thanks ,

Wasif

Friday, December 28, 2012 6:43 AM
  • I just tried to change my testing center from pakistan to USA and the payment option appears where its asking for credit card.

So i guess they have specificially stopped it for pakistan.

Friday, December 28, 2012 7:12 AM
  • Prometric are still telling me that they're looking into the problem.

Jeff Wharton

Friday, December 28, 2012 10:28 PM
  • I hope They Will Soon Fix the Problem.Still Waiting.
    Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:32 AM
  • Has anybody found solution to this problem? @Mr. Wharty: Any contact with prometric guys again? Please update in this thread about any progress regarding issue. 
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Last update from Prometric on 1st January 2013:

@Mr_Wharty Hi Jeff - Just waiting to know more about the issue first. Time of year making it hard to get info quickly. Happy New Year, btw!

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:06 AM
  • I am trying to register for 70-640, but the same issue, I am from Karachi Pakistan. I dont know why this is only happening for Pakistan.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:51 AM
  • issue still exists
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:34 AM
  • Thanks Jeff for your effort. 

Hope i'm not over-complaining but its sad to believe that it has been over 2 weeks that service of Prometic is not operational in Pakistan and still they are not sure what problem is?

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Unfortunately Prometric is not know for it's "speedy" support or resolution of issues :-)

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:12 PM
  • Update: EVS Learning (http://www.evslearning.com/), Lahore have resumed the registration for Prometric exams. 
    Friday, January 4, 2013 7:09 AM
  • I contacted them, They are registering but now we can't get benefit of Microsoft's Second Shot offer. Guess we have to live with it. 
    Friday, January 4, 2013 10:02 AM
  • still not able to register online for exam 70-417
    Friday, January 4, 2013 12:48 PM
  • Here's what Prometric have advised:

"To schedule and purchase a Microsoft exam in Pakistan, please visit your local Prometric testing centre.  A list of Prometric testing centres can be found by visiting www.prometric.com."

Jeff Wharton

Sunday, January 6, 2013 10:58 PM
  • But what about the discount voucher, testing centers in Pakistan are not accepting these vouchers. They are just offering regular exams on regular prices.

Imran Hussain

Monday, January 7, 2013 2:31 PM
  • Why don't you buy a voucher from a third party site? You then just enter the code when checking out and no payment details are required. Search google for Microsoft exam vouchers and you will find several people selling them.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:20 PM
  • @Tech Guy 8008: They are quite expensive, not even close to original 80$ price. If you know of some site selling vouchers at 80$ please do share. Thanks.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:23 PM
  • Here's an official explanation for this issue:

If candidates call the RSCs and indicate that they are unable to pay for their exams with a credit card in Pakistan, please inform the candidate that Prometric suspended credit card payments due to widespread fraud. 

Candidates have the option of paying with a prepaid voucher or confirm with their local testing centers on the accepted payment options.  To locate a test center, please direct them to https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/microsoft/Pages/landing.aspx.

Jeff Wharton

Friday, January 25, 2013 11:53 PM
  • Dear Sir

i need to buy Exam pack for 20 for my organization, still same Registration/Login problem which mentioned in above conversation,

www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/Microsoft/Promotions/MPN-landingpg-2012/index.html

pls. see the above link, which offered Exam pack, but not process further , tried so many time

Pls. help.

0092-346-2695468

Karachi, Pakistan

Friday, February 8, 2013 9:41 AM
  • As per my last reply, credit card purchases have been suspended for Pakistan due to fraud concerns.  You will need to make your purchase in person at a Prometric testing center.

Jeff Wharton

Friday, February 8, 2013 10:23 AM