MCE with WHS 2011, missing wmv conversion RRS feed

• Question

• One of the reasons of being very happy with WHSv1 was that it allowed me to archive my MCE recordings and on the fly also converting the wtv fileformat to wmv. This feature allowed me to watch my MCE recordings on my Philips networked TV without the need of an MCE Extender. Perfect!

Now after my upgrade to WHS 2011 I discovered to my horror that the WHS 2011 connector in MCE (W7) allows to archive recordings, but no longer is providing the option to convert the wtv recordings to another format. So accessing all my movies with improved DNLA support and WMP11 functionality now works perfectly on both my Bravia and Philips TV's but I can no longer watch my MCE recordings! arrghh, very frustrating.

Any idea of this feature will be build back into WHS 2011 or about alternative solutions?

• Moved by kariya21Moderator Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:58 PM not a WHS v1 question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:13 AM

All replies

• One of the reasons of being very happy with WHSv1 was that it allowed me to archive my MCE recordings and on the fly also converting the wtv fileformat to wmv. This feature allowed me to watch my MCE recordings on my Philips networked TV without the need of an MCE Extender. Perfect!

Now after my upgrade to WHS 2011 I discovered to my horror that the WHS 2011 connector in MCE (W7) allows to archive recordings, but no longer is providing the option to convert the wtv recordings to another format. So accessing all my movies with improved DNLA support and WMP11 functionality now works perfectly on both my Bravia and Philips TV's but I can no longer watch my MCE recordings! arrghh, very frustrating.

Any idea of this feature will be build back into WHS 2011 or about alternative solutions?

I don't believe that there are any specific plans to add that function back at this point in time.  However, you can always file a product suggestion on Connect.
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:00 PM