WM 6.5 + Live Mesh, Crashes on startup RRS feed

• Question

• So I finally got around to installing the LiveMesh.cab available from Mesh.  Anyway, it installed fine.  I tried to open the application right after installing and I'd get the little color wait symbol for loading.  Nothing would open.  Rebooted device.  Now, I get the first screen of Live Mesh for about 2 seconds and then the program crashes and wants to send MS error reports. 

All I get to see it "starting live mesh" at the bottom of a white screen and then crash.

I'm using the HTC Pure. 

Some of the info from one error log:
    EvntType: WinCE501bExceptio
    AppName:moboe.exe
    AppVer: 5.1.0.0
    AppStamp: 49eea62c
    ModName: coredll.dll
    ModVer: 5.2.0.0
    ModStamp:  ffda5847
    Offset:  000580dc
    OwnName: mobmoe.exe
    OwnVer: 5.1.0.0
    OwnStamp:  49eea62c

Any advice?  Thanks.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 10:36 PM

Answers

• The current Live Mesh mobile client generally fails to work properly on WM6.5, especially the HTC devices. You'll see a number of threads about this in the mobile forum where I'll be moving your post to.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 22, 2010 2:20 PM

All replies

• You might try asking the question in the Live Mesh Mobile forum.

Trevor
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:50 AM
  • The current Live Mesh mobile client generally fails to work properly on WM6.5, especially the HTC devices. You'll see a number of threads about this in the mobile forum where I'll be moving your post to.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 22, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Are there any plans to release a new Live Mesh version to allow this to work?  I expressly went to Windows Mobile for Live Mesh.  And, this sucks that I got a Windows Mobile device that MS has yet to support.  You'd think it'd work for all of them.

Please advise what to anticipate.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:11 AM
  • I don't know what the future holds - I would hope so.

-steve

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:07 PM
  • Live Mesh runs just fine on my HTC device with WM6.5

But I prefer the standard WM6.5 interface (aka Titanium) instead of the HTC Sense... Has much more UI logic into it and does not stress my phone that much... Perhaps you should try to see if Sense or any other app that you are running is causing a problem...

Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:14 AM