Exception handling on BizTalk server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using biztalk server 2006 R2 edition. and i have make one application in which i get file from local machine and send it over different FTP server. Now my client want me to do some exception handling in the orchestration. 

So I put RECEIVE and all SEND shapes in one SCOPE shape and  i added one CATCH EXCEPTION shape in SCOPE shape, withing CATCH EXCEPTION shape i added one send shape which i configured with local folder  

Now During uploading the file on FTP if any exception ll occur then that file wud be send back to origin folder (LOCAL FOLDER).

but if i try to access that MESSAGE in CATCH EXCEPTION shape i face following error :

Error 3 use of unconstructed message
    'TestMSG' D:\TestSourceCode\Test\TestSolution\TestOrchestration\TransferTest.odx 432 61 

Please suggest me how do i send back that received message to local folder.

I appreciate your kind support.

Regards,
    Dhaval M.
    DhavaL
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 9:11 PM

Answers

• ask this here: BizTalk
    Lucian Baciu, MCTS, http://studentclub.ro/lucians_weblog
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:31 PM
  • Move the receive shape out side the scope. You should be ok since you ate trying to look for errors while sending and not receiving.

You message contruction is happening within the scope, which means that in case of errors the contructed message will be rolled back, which is why you are stopped from accessing this message in the exception block at compile time.

Moving the receive shape outside the scope will ensure that your constructed message will be available in the exception block, and in fact anywhere in the orchestration.

Mayukh Dutta
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:40 AM

All replies

• ask this here: BizTalk
    Lucian Baciu, MCTS, http://studentclub.ro/lucians_weblog
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:31 PM
  • Move the receive shape out side the scope. You should be ok since you ate trying to look for errors while sending and not receiving.

You message contruction is happening within the scope, which means that in case of errors the contructed message will be rolled back, which is why you are stopped from accessing this message in the exception block at compile time.

Moving the receive shape outside the scope will ensure that your constructed message will be available in the exception block, and in fact anywhere in the orchestration.

Mayukh Dutta
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:40 AM