Install errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to install WHS on a Dell XPS Gen 5. It is as it came from dell except with additional (5Gb) Ram.

It does all the stuff from the disk then reboots, goes past where it asks for drivers for raid etc, then comes up with the following error:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF789EA94, 0xC0000034)

I am sure the previous time it was 0x0000007A though...

I have additional drives in it which are currently disconnected and disabled in the bios so as not to delete stuff (effectively they are not there). On these drives are Vista and 7, they work fine when plugged in and enabled.

Thanks for any help
    Mike

PS This drive was last formatted for OSX which was running on the dell, WHS should have reformatted it but best to give you all the info :D
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:01 AM

Answers

• OK It looks like I have found the problem.

WHS does not have SATA drivers despite seeing the disks in the initial setup. By downloading the drivers from Dell and creating an F6 disk (how to is in the readme file with the driver) it appears WHS is now happy to install.

As an experiment (I read elsewhere that you need to use the F6 disk before and after the initial reboot) I tried to just use it in the text setup (just after the first reboot) and it appears to be installing fine now. Saves a good few minutes :D
    • Marked as answer by Pugger Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:18 AM