Re: OCS Exchange Unified Messaging Routing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am also getting this error. Unfortunately, I am not aware of what features I'm missing when I get this error, as communicator seem to work fine. Is this related to my problem concerning Scheduling a Live Meeting not working from Outlook?

Event Type:    Warning
    Event Source:    OCS Exchange Unified Messaging Routing
    Event Category:    (1040)
    Event ID:    44028
    Date:        07.05.2007
    Time:        11:30:20
    User:        N/A
    Computer:   MYCOMPUTER
    Description:
    Exchange Unified Messaging Routing Application did not find any Exchange UM servers.

Cause: No Exchange UM servers are configured for SIP traffic or the RTCSRV service account does not have permission to read Exchange objects in Active Directory.
    Resolution:
    Configure one or more Exchange UM servers to handle SIP traffic.

Friday, May 4, 2007 1:07 PM

Answers

• Exchange UM is the voice messaging solution for OCS.  If you are UC enabling users for voice functionality and they need voice messaging then Exchange 2007 UM is required.  The install guide covers this.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:48 PM

All replies

• Can you give us more information? You have UM installed and have integrated it with OCS, and visa versa? What is your issue?
    Monday, May 7, 2007 10:26 PM
  • At present time, I am not even aware of what UM is. So, that's why I was asking what feature I lack.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:38 AM
  • UM means the Unified Messaging role on Exchange Server 2007.

Do you have Exchange 2007? Have you run through the OCS-UM integration steps?

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:29 PM
  • We do not have Exchange 2007 yet.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:19 AM
  • Did you ever run the OCSUMUTIL.EXE tool? Or the EXCHUTIL.PS1 script?
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:25 AM
  • no. should I?
    Friday, May 18, 2007 10:44 AM
  • Not unless you install Exchange 2007. I was just wondering if you had run this and that was why you were getting these messages.

At what point are you getting this error?
    Are you able to IM, make calls, start Live Meetings, etc.?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:15 PM
  • Yes I am able to IM, calls, Live Meetings.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 5:27 AM
  • Exchange UM is the voice messaging solution for OCS.  If you are UC enabling users for voice functionality and they need voice messaging then Exchange 2007 UM is required.  The install guide covers this.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:48 PM