none
Microsoft Certification 70-511 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to ask about the 70-511 Certication. I read about the retirement of this certification on site microsoft that it will get retire on 31 july 2013. Does that mean it is of no use for me after that date. If that is the case then do i have to give latest version exam again or have to repeat the same exam. what will it cost to me for updating my certification.

Please reply asap.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Although the exam retires in July 2013, the certification doesn't i.e. you will still have the MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications certification and it will still be valid.

Individual certifications such as this cannot be upgraded however if you have the MCPD: Windows Developer 4 certification, it can be upgraded to MCSD: Windows Store Apps Using HTML5.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by K Srivastava Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:55 AM
  • Thanks Mr Wharty for clearing the doubt.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Just to clarify, 70-511 does not expire in July 2013.  MS does not schedule certification retirement until the technology is at least two iterations beyond the material tested.  Since .NET 4.5 is only one beyond 4.0, another version of .NET will have to come out before they schedule a retirement date for anything to do with .NET 4.0.

You can see the current retirement schedule at www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/retired-certification-exams.aspx

For your exam, expand the Visual Studio section.

Friday, May 24, 2013 3:11 PM