Microsoft Student Partner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends

My college has just recommended me for the microsoft student partner

can you guide me what happens after this

are there any interviews or anything

if yes

then what do they ask ???????

and when do i get the final intimation ..........

Monday, April 30, 2007 7:22 AM

All replies

• by the by where r u from?
    Monday, April 30, 2007 12:43 PM
  • ya, ther will be a phone interview...

Monday, April 30, 2007 1:08 PM
  • gd and some technical test by ms people
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 8:37 AM
  • Hi this is MSP Avishek...

If at all u r selected as MSP, then congrats. Else Be cool and answer confidently to what is being asked. Come and Join us asap.

-----------------------------

MSP Avishek, INDIA   

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:13 AM
  • After You register in the student Partner Site , You will get a Call  asking some techies about the microsoft products .. Hope You Do WEll there ..

Have a nice day Smile

Regards
    mohan

Monday, May 14, 2007 5:05 PM
  • how to be microsoft student partner..guide me
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 7:13 PM
  • Hi Friends,

I have sent the appln twice, but there has been no response from their side.

Can u tell me how long is it after you send the appln. that they generally call you and what are the topics, that I should prepare for the telephonic interview.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:21 AM
  • yaar Arijit

i too have sent the application twice, but dont know what happenes.... by the way, u asked to prepare for topics naa.... 1st mainly concentrate on C and C++ and data structures. its a basic platform. then u can wide to sql servers, .net and j2ee.

Bye

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:14 PM
  • @Sunil

Thanks m8 for promptly replying to my queries. I shall prepare as per ur suggestion.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:02 AM
  • yaar arijit, do u best and rock it

Bye

Friday, May 25, 2007 6:27 PM
  • first u send the application thro mail.then they will call u at any time.So,be aware of that.dont be afraid .the interview will be quite easy .simply answer their questions
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:30 AM
  • Hi Neo
    My college even not applied for MSP what are necessary steps to do it
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:29 AM
  • Hai All,

I am the Microsoft Stuent Partner of Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar which is near Madurai in Tamilnadu.

I got two rounds of interviews before I reach this post.

First round was very simple. It just tested me a little bit. The second round was conducted by Mr.Deepak Jagdish of Microsoft.

He grilled me with his questions. One notable thing about Deepak Jagdish is that he was the finalist in Software Development Invitational of Imagine Cup for two times.

Then they will mail you whether you got selected or not.

If you dont know how to apply then just mail me I will do the needful to you.

My mail id is sakthipriyan@hotmail.com, sakthipriyan@student-partners.com

Thank You
    Friday, April 11, 2008 6:42 AM
  • Hi to all,
    Thanks to the thread creator and to all people related to this thread as it gave me a lot of information about MSP and also best of luck to all who are going to become a MSP from their college.
    Friday, April 11, 2008 6:08 PM
  • hello everybody , i had applied for the MSP , i just wanted to know that do they give any intimation or comfirmation  regarding the time of interview and do they send any confirmation mail before the interview .. I m asking this because i have applied with my local number for the interview and will be off for training in summers ,so in case they call me on roaming i ll have take the precautions reagarding my cell network and roaming  Smile

thanx

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:20 AM
  • Hi Shivprakash,

Usually they wont intimate you regarding the time,date and the contents of the interview.

Actually I was interviewed around 9 in the night and it lasted about an hour before my Semester examination.

So be prepared for anything and all the best to you.
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:59 AM
  • Thank you ! Smile

One more thing i wanted to enquire is ... in your knowledge do u know anybody who was not registered for this Student rockstar and received a call for the MSP ???

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:49 AM
  • Hi Shivprak,

Actually Student Rockstar is a competition. If you win the Student Rock Star challenge you may get the Microsoft Student Partner offer. But I dont know about the Student Rock Star before I was an MSP. After being selected as an MSP only I came to know about the various competitions supported or organized by Microsoft. But after that I am spreading that to the folks in my college and my friendz. So I think It doesnt matter much.
    Monday, April 28, 2008 6:30 PM
  • plz plz let me know nythin u no abt msp............n how 2 b 1 ov dem................waitin 4 ur reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, August 25, 2008 11:36 AM

• Hi All,

The registrations for the Microsoft Student Partner program for the Students who will graduate on 2010 is over. (Refer http://student-partners.com for more details).

The selection process includes a written test which is scheduled on 19th October 2008. The test will check your Analytical Ability, Verbal Ability, C programming and Basics of Computer Science. The different venues (almost all over India) for the test are as follows

• Chennai
    • Banglore
    • Cochin
    • Delhi
    • Hyderabad
    • Indore
    • Kolkata
    • Lucknow
    • Mumbai
    • Bhubaneshwar

According to my experiences as a Microsoft Student Partner what I can suggest you is, please have a basic knowledge about .NET, the latest Microsoft technologies, upcoming Microsoft products and history of Microsoft company.

For more details visit http://student-partners.com

Sunday, October 12, 2008 4:27 AM
  • If you missed out on the MSP test this Oct (Or didn't make it to the final list), then there's still hope!

You can apply again before 16th Nov for MSP, though this time the application procedure will be different. Still, it's worth giving a try. Who know, you might become the next Microsoft Student Partner!

Check out http://student-partners.com (Go to the India page and download the instructions)

All the best!
    Monday, November 3, 2008 12:59 PM
  • hii all ,
    i have been selected as MSP. in oct 2008.. i wanted to know that what all i have to do now and in what manner.i surfed the MSP site, it contained a list of activities and points. what are these points for? do microsoft provides MSP a identity card or any certifiacte for being an MSP...also  does being this program holds any importance on the career point-of-view..

kindly guide me

Thank u in advance
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 4:07 PM
  • hi , 

this is keerthi . doing diploma (Computer Science & Engineering) at SRM . i like to be an msp . can tell me the procedure pls ............

Monday, March 7, 2011 5:08 AM
  • where to register for the mirosoft student partner please send me the link asap..??
    Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:37 AM