Oracle Identity Management Server LDAP Connection RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any documentation anywhere as to how to actually achieve a connection to Oracle Identity Management Server and be able to validate users and pull some user credentials from? 

Using ht LDapConnection Object it seems as if we have attempted to connect ot the server, but we are receiving an error for Invalid Credentials. Regardless of what we put in nothing seems to be working to get us past this. We have used the same username and password inside of a 3rd party app - an Oracle Server Identity Management LDap viewer and have been able to connect with that. So we are unsure of what is the problem at this point. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

thanks! 

• Moved by Caillen Monday, August 3, 2015 9:19 AM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

I think it's better to contact Oracle for the documentation, Microsoft doesn't have such kind of doc for Oracle product. Try this:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/doc.1111/e14309/icf.htm#OMDEV3337

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 4, 2015 9:57 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

I think it's better to contact Oracle for the documentation, Microsoft doesn't have such kind of doc for Oracle product. Try this:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/doc.1111/e14309/icf.htm#OMDEV3337

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 4, 2015 9:57 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 9:18 AM
  • Yeah I didn't think so the company whom we are working with to attempt to get this working is contacting Oracle, and they said there is nothing to do it. So they wanted us to check with MS. 

Thanks for the reply! 

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:33 PM
  • Oracle would really need to provide the documentation and support.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:05 PM