Problem whit sending a message in IM RRS feed

• Question

• I get the warning below when i send a message, what’s wrong?

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients, possibly because one or more persons are offline:
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:29 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Ronald ,

This is a very generic message and only this message can not help you or us to go forward Smile At first you should check your configuration (DNS records, certificates, etc.). I have below a few questions & suggestions regarding your problem, according your answers I think it will be easy to find the cause ;

- What version are using, Standard or Enterprise edition ?

- Generally in LCS 2005 Enterprise Edition this problem occurs when you forget to create a A record for your Enterprise pool FQDN. I would like to suggest you first check DNS A record for your Enterprise pool FQDN.

- Also following KB article may help you, I know it is mentioning LCS 2005 but maybe it can bring something to your mind about your environment ;

898150 You receive a "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error message when you send an instant message to a user in Live Communications Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
    http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=898150 

- Maybe you can check Office Communicator event logs, if it is not enabled you can check the box "Turn on Windows Eevent Logging" on the General tab of Options menu in Office Communicator.

- If you say that all configurations are OK than we should collect Communicator trace logs. For this you should configure your Office Communicator client with below steps ;

* Set all "EnableFileTracing" dword values to 00000001 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\ and under all sub keys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\.

* Sign-out and exit Office Communicator

* Open Office Communicator and sign-in again, reproduce the error message

* Check all logs under %USERPROFILE%\tracing\ to find the cause

Please let me know about the results, if you will collect trace logs do not hesitate to let me know to examine these logs.

Thanks & Regards

Okan Gurer

Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:41 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Ronald ,

This is a very generic message and only this message can not help you or us to go forward Smile At first you should check your configuration (DNS records, certificates, etc.). I have below a few questions & suggestions regarding your problem, according your answers I think it will be easy to find the cause ;

- What version are using, Standard or Enterprise edition ?

- Generally in LCS 2005 Enterprise Edition this problem occurs when you forget to create a A record for your Enterprise pool FQDN. I would like to suggest you first check DNS A record for your Enterprise pool FQDN.

- Also following KB article may help you, I know it is mentioning LCS 2005 but maybe it can bring something to your mind about your environment ;

898150 You receive a "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error message when you send an instant message to a user in Live Communications Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
    http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=898150 

- Maybe you can check Office Communicator event logs, if it is not enabled you can check the box "Turn on Windows Eevent Logging" on the General tab of Options menu in Office Communicator.

- If you say that all configurations are OK than we should collect Communicator trace logs. For this you should configure your Office Communicator client with below steps ;

* Set all "EnableFileTracing" dword values to 00000001 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\ and under all sub keys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\.

* Sign-out and exit Office Communicator

* Open Office Communicator and sign-in again, reproduce the error message

* Check all logs under %USERPROFILE%\tracing\ to find the cause

Please let me know about the results, if you will collect trace logs do not hesitate to let me know to examine these logs.

Thanks & Regards

Okan Gurer

Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:41 AM
  • Can you let us know the status of your issue? Were you follow Okan's suggestions and provide more information?
    Friday, July 6, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Can you update us on your status or provide the information Okan requested?

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:21 PM