Live Mesh Mobile: "A problem... mobmoe.exe" RRS feed

• Question

• I looked using search for mobmoe.exe but honestly the search didn't show anything... so apologies if this is a repeat...

I have an HTC Touch HD and when I first install Live Mesh Mobile there seems to be no issue... connects, syncs, etc... after a phone soft-reset I will never be able to get it running again.
    * If the phone is not connected to a PC it will get "A problem occurred with mobmoe.exe..."
    * If the phone is connected to a PC: WinMo simply hangs and I need to pull the battery to get it to soft-reset

I've done the uninstall-reboot-reinstall cycle a few times... nothing changes. Any suggestions?  Again, this is only on my Windows Mobile device - Live Mesh on my PC is fine.

Software on my HTC Touch HD (if it matters)
    * Google Maps Mobile
    * MS Live Search
    * Sph Phone Suite
    * Spb Mobile Shell
    * Spb Backup
    * Spb Wallet
    * Spb Weather
    * Spb Online
    * PHM Registry Editor
    * Ilium Software Screen Capture
    * VITO Audio Notes
    * SplashData's SplashMoney
    * Clevergames PocketGMLight (chess game)
    * MS Live Mesh [Mobile]

Thanks for any feedback / input...

Cheers,
    Dustin H

/dustin/
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:09 PM

Answers

• I think that the best thing to do would be to collect the logs after the problem happens per the information Ben posted in the announcements section at the top of the forum titled: Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs

And submit them with a bug report on Connect per the same instructions.

Obviously, a soft reset should not cause this to happen, so the logs may provide a clue as to why it is happening.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:14 PM

All replies

• I think that the best thing to do would be to collect the logs after the problem happens per the information Ben posted in the announcements section at the top of the forum titled: Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs

And submit them with a bug report on Connect per the same instructions.

Obviously, a soft reset should not cause this to happen, so the logs may provide a clue as to why it is happening.
    -steve
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:14 PM
  • I submitted the report, but no way to attach the logs... hopefully someone will eMail and I can send the logs for the case I submitted (ID# 416627)?
    /dustin/
    Friday, February 20, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Thanks for submitting the bug and posting the ID.
    You can email the logs to lmprev@microsoft.com and reference the bug number in the email message body.

-steve
    Friday, February 20, 2009 7:54 PM
  • Hmm... tried and failed:

lmpreview@microsoft.com
    An error occurred while trying to deliver this message to the recipient's e-mail address. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: mail16-wa4.bigfish.com.

/dustin/
    Friday, February 20, 2009 8:02 PM
  • Hi Dustin,

Actually, the email address is lmprev@microsoft.com; sorry for the confusion.  It's odd that you cannot attach your logs to the bug through Connect - I wasn't aware of any issues with Connect lately.  If you don't mind, could you visit your bug again and see if you can attach the logs there (we try to keep the lmprev email address as a last resort)?  If you are still unable to attach your logs through Connect, though, go ahead and send email to the above address.  Please reference bug #28474 (that's the number assigned to your bug internally) in your email, so that we can get the logs into the right hands as soon as possible.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 4:10 PM
  • That will teach me to try and provide an email address from memory! I knew that I should have looked it up. :-(

Sorry for the error, kzw2zx. I've updated my post with the correct address.
    -steve
    Monday, February 23, 2009 5:45 PM