Wake from stand by and the wifi drops to limited or no connectivity RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

Recently I got Live Onecare 2.0. I have 2 computers both with XP.

The computer which I am talking about has a XP media center.

I usually like this one computer to be in stand by mode so that I can get back to work quickly.

Whenever I put this computer to standby and then later when I wake this up to work, I find that the internet connectivity to my home network is limited or no connectivity.

The advanced setting/network connection tab of the firewall setting has this WIFI listed as "unverified" although it is the same wifi connection which is also listed below but unconnected.

Let us say my wifi connection SSID is ABGWIFI

I put my laptop to standby, I wake it up and see that the wifi shows Limited or no connectivity.

I see the network connection tab from the advanced settings of the firewall settings of Live Onecare.

I see 2 wifi networks listed there

1. Unverified network (Windows shows that I am connected with limited and no connectivity to ABGWIFI)

2. ABGWIFI - not connected

Please resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Niranjan

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please let me know if you need snapshots or other details.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:15 AM
  • Remove the not connected network. Since it is the same connection, you only need one entry. Then configure this in OneCare to be "Home or Work."

If that does not stick and you are still not connecting to your wireless connection when the PC wakes from standby, please contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:58 PM
  • I will have to contact the one care customer support, I have already tried what you said.

I will try ones more, if does not works, then customer support it is.

I cannot believe that even with a software engineering degree I have to use customer support for just *USING* a software.

Sad

Thanks anyways... for the quick response...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:32 PM
  • Please let us know what happens - either with your own attempts, or with support.

-steve

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:10 PM