none
Creating a Lab Environment with Scoring System RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if there was a way to create a custom virtual machine setup with a "baselin" and a "complete setup" that I would want to emulate for my students so it can be scored and they can see their point based progress in a side window.

How would I go about doing this? Is there a software suite that could be used to acheive this or third party software?

This would make my next year incredibly easier and better for the students if I were able to get this working.

Thank you advanced!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:07 AM

Answers

• Hi, Alex.

When we teach Microsoft courseware, we use LearnOnDemand from Terillian Technologies. Specifically, the VM is hosted inside a web browser. Each setup of the lab is listed on the right side of the window and they become checked off for each step. As well, when they have finished their lab, that VM is checked off as completed. Beside MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum), they can do custom VMs as well.

Their website looks super cheesy and horrible. It makes them appear as a fake company. It's best if you see a demo of it. Contact them and see fi they can help you.

http://www.terillian.com/LOD.html

Here's a screenshot to their tutorial lab that introduces students to the environment. Note the completed steps on the right side. After completing a step, the students clicks the green Done button at the bottom.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:24 PM
    Answerer