home server discovery has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install connector PP1 on Vista Premium x64 machine.  All seems to go well until program searches for the Home Server and then I get the message that "Home Server Discovery has stopped working" and I am toast.  The Home Server does show up on my network.  It is an HP mediasmart.  Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:38 AM

All replies

• Please file a bug with your home server logs and the logs from the Vista machine.  You will need to manually collect the logs and Zip them for the Vista machine.  After filing a bug on Connect, please post your bug number as a response so the community can track the status.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3483872&SiteID=50

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:04 PM
  •  xxx555666 wrote:

I am trying to install connector PP1 on Vista Premium x64 machine.  All seems to go well until program searches for the Home Server and then I get the message that "Home Server Discovery has stopped working" and I am toast.  The Home Server does show up on my network.  It is an HP mediasmart.  Thanks for any help.

I was able to manually add on a Vista 32-bit machine as it won't detect the WHS automatically.  Not sure if you can select manual first and possibly by-pass the search.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:23 PM