Unable to Get to Other Section of the WHS RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am able to log on to WHS Remotely, however, if I click on 'Server', 'Computer Accesss' or any other section on the page I can't seem to get to it.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:46 AM

Answers

• Please use a tool such as Shields Up! to test ports 80, 443, and 4125. 80 is optional, but it sounds like 4125 is either blocked or not properly forwarded.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:07 PM
  • I am not sure what I did but it is working now. So for FYI, I did the following:

# removed all the forwarded ports

# rebooted the router

# re-added all the ports

# configured the DNS/Domian

and it works now. *shrug* I am leaning towards the DNS.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:21 PM
  •  Ken Warren wrote:
    Please use a tool such as Shields Up! to test ports 80, 443, and 4125. 80 is optional, but it sounds like 4125 is either blocked or not properly forwarded.

Port 4125 should normally appear closed or stealth in Shields Up test. This one is only opened when you actually try to access remote connection to the server or another computer from the Computers tab.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:06 PM

All replies

• But, the Shared Folders work fine?
    If so, most likely cause is that port 4125(TCP) isn't properly forwarded (or, not forwarded at all) to your WHS.
    That, or it's being blocked at the location (work?) that you're testing from (try another location- like a friend's house.)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:53 AM
  • 4125 is opened on both the modem and router.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:56 PM
  • Please use a tool such as Shields Up! to test ports 80, 443, and 4125. 80 is optional, but it sounds like 4125 is either blocked or not properly forwarded.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:07 PM
  • I am not sure what I did but it is working now. So for FYI, I did the following:

# removed all the forwarded ports

# rebooted the router

# re-added all the ports

# configured the DNS/Domian

and it works now. *shrug* I am leaning towards the DNS.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:21 PM
  •  Ken Warren wrote:
    Please use a tool such as Shields Up! to test ports 80, 443, and 4125. 80 is optional, but it sounds like 4125 is either blocked or not properly forwarded.

Port 4125 should normally appear closed or stealth in Shields Up test. This one is only opened when you actually try to access remote connection to the server or another computer from the Computers tab.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:06 PM