Dell insists my install is genuine RRS feed

• Question

• I bought two computers at the same time for our office.  One of them (mine) died shortly after purchase.  Dell, after many obnoxious phone calls (mine) finally agreed to send me a new computer.  We suspect that there may have been an issue of some sort with the replacement since Dell kept insisting it was in a another location in another state. 

So, flash forward 3 years, and my computer mystriously dies again.  It was wiped clean and brought back to life by a local company, and I suspect that they are the ones who used an expired or non-genuine vesion of Office in the course of doing the brain transplant.

So now I have accidently run the OGA, and I'm getting that annoying pop-up.  Since I'm not doing missle launches, a couple of seconds to make it go away are a mere annoyance more than anything else.  Since I know that I purchased the genuine thing, even if it got replaced by something that was not necessarily kosher, I've got a clear conscience. 

My question is this.  Do I actually, really ever have to DO anything, or can I just let that pop-up keep popping up?   

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:16 PM

Answers

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:45 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:15 PM

All replies

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:45 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:15 PM
  • No reply from Original Poster.

Issue is asumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:44 PM