Outbound call stops ringing before connection RRS feed

• Question

• One of my users have reported that calls disconnect if the user being called does not answered in a timely manner.  I tested this will my desk phone (PBX outside of OCS system).  I have the phone configured to continue ringing without going to voicemail.  Using my MOC client, I called my desk phone.  The phone rang for about 30 seconds then stopped, but my MOC client continued to ring.  I verified that it was not a PBX issue by calling my desk phone from my cell phone - both the desk phone and cell phone keep ringing after 60 seconds of testing.  I am using a 2000 series Dialogic Media Gateway.  According to Dialogic, there are no settings on the gateway that would cause this to occur.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look to troubleshoot this problem?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:03 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

The phone stop to ring, is it diverted somewhere ?

I would check DMG 2000 configuration, and trunk configuration between DMG and PBX to see if there is no divertion to attendant or something. Enable logs on the DMG to see where the call is going...

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:34 AM
  • No, the phone is not set to divert.  I was able to successfully call my PBX phone from my cell phone.  I let it ring for over 60 seconds.  If I called my PBX phone from my MOC client, it would only ring for about 30 seconds then stop ringing.  This causes problems when people call those who have extended times before calls route to voicemail.  I have numerous users who never get a chance to leave voicemails because the call disconnects.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:54 PM
  • So next step to investigate is DMG 2000 log files...

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:14 PM
  • Any ideas on which options to monitor for my trace?

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:16 PM
  • Sounds like a gateway config error. I had a similar situation with my dialogic PIMG gateway in the lab. It was marking the outbound leg as connected (OCS stopped ringing) before my mobile phone started to ring. This was fixed by changing the gateway Call Connect Mode to "On Answer" instead of "Instant" - so in this case it kept on ringing until the mobile was physically answered. Not sure what the setting will be for your gateway but you should find something similar.

-Dave

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:41 AM
  • I have the Call Connect option already set to "On Answer" to address the simultaneous ring issue.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:19 PM
  • Can you capture a log on the OCS pool when this happens? We need to see who or what is sending the BYE request which stops OCS from ringing. This will help us determine where the fault is. It may not be a BYE command, it may be a failure but we need to see the trace.

-Dave

Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:08 AM