Update RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi!

I had my computor services a while ago so they had to reformat and they put the software ONE CARE but its was only a trial so it was good for 3 month. Today i went to buy the product the guy told me to just enter the product key so i did but the colour in the buttom screen tell me that the status is: FAIR so its orange.... i don<t get it.. should i just delete the program and reinstall it from scratch?

Thank your your help guy<s

Sunday, August 24, 2008 5:46 AM

Answers

• Is the status fair because it says you need to subscribe? Open OneCare and it should tell you the action to take.

When you activate OneCare from within OneCare to start your subscription, it first requires you to sign in with a LiveID and then provides the opportunity to enter a retail key or purchase online. Once you've completed the entry and submission of the key and payment information, your subscription is created and the subscription credentials are downloaded back to your copy of OneCare. These credentials are refreshed periodically, too. If something is blocking the receipt of the credentials, activation is not complete and your PC will remain in trial mode. Make sure that there are no other security programs running, including Parental Controls, which should be disabled at activation. Other security programs - firewalls, real time spyware protection and anti-virus need to be completely removed in order to use OneCare.

If your subscription to OneCare shows as still trial mode after purchase and activation in OneCare

• Verify that you have a clear Internet connection - no other security programs running.
    • Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:55 PM

All replies

• It can take 24-48 hours for your subscription status to update on your desktop.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:00 AM
  • Ok thanks Jim I will wait until tomorrow and if its does not work i guess i will phone the place where i bought the software!

Oh do you know if this is this a good virus protection better then Norton?

Long time ago i had ZoneAlarm and someone told me to get rid of it cause it really slow down your computor so i decide to try this one since i had the trail already install in the computor!

Ok well thanks for your help!

Frenchmaid

Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:45 PM
  • Is the status fair because it says you need to subscribe? Open OneCare and it should tell you the action to take.

When you activate OneCare from within OneCare to start your subscription, it first requires you to sign in with a LiveID and then provides the opportunity to enter a retail key or purchase online. Once you've completed the entry and submission of the key and payment information, your subscription is created and the subscription credentials are downloaded back to your copy of OneCare. These credentials are refreshed periodically, too. If something is blocking the receipt of the credentials, activation is not complete and your PC will remain in trial mode. Make sure that there are no other security programs running, including Parental Controls, which should be disabled at activation. Other security programs - firewalls, real time spyware protection and anti-virus need to be completely removed in order to use OneCare.

If your subscription to OneCare shows as still trial mode after purchase and activation in OneCare

• Verify that you have a clear Internet connection - no other security programs running.
    • Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:55 PM