Enforcing transaction when invoking multiple CRM requests RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Is it possible for us to enforce transaction, such as placing begin-Transaction and end-Transaction code block, when executing a series of CRM requests (such as insert and update) so that we won't have data integrity issue ?

Can we apply this in our web applications as well as in the plugin / workflow ?

As far as i know, we cannot participate in the transaction for the plugin for CRM 4.0, but i cannot find a clue in how to participate in the transaction for web application for invoking a series of web services.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Regards,

hadi teo.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 2:46 AM

Answers

• There's no way to apply transactions across multiple CRM requests, whether from a plugin, web application or any other type of application. The fundamental reason is that no locks can be held across web service calls, hence you could not ensure that the data is not modified by someone else between the requests

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 10:17 AM

All replies

• There's no way to apply transactions across multiple CRM requests, whether from a plugin, web application or any other type of application. The fundamental reason is that no locks can be held across web service calls, hence you could not ensure that the data is not modified by someone else between the requests

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 10:17 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I was expecting the same answer as i also cannot find the correct codes to apply transactions without a series of web service calls.

There is another alternative by invoking stored procedures so that we can insert them under a transaction, but using stored procedures to perform insertion and update to the MS CRM database is considered unsupported means.

Regards

hadi teo.
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 2:10 PM