Three different accounts on one computer RRS feed

• Question

• We just subscribed to Live OneCare and have a question regarding the signing on procedure if a single computer has 3 different accounts.  I have a signon account, my wife has a signon account and we have a guest account.  When I signon I enter my information and have no problems.  When my wife tried signing on, she got a message that she needed an account.  She entered my information but it told her she needed to subscribe to the program.  How do we set up a sign on for her?  Does it require two separate subscriptions?

Thanks -

Clyde Turner 

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:49 PM

Answers

• After you've set up the subscription initially with a LiveID when signed in on one Windows account, and you then sign on with a different Windows account and are asked to activate OneCare, simply provide the same LiveID and password to activate under that login. Actually, I don't think you should have to activate under the additional Windows accounts, but it has been reported to be required.

Note that activating on the same PC with a different Windows account and the same LiveID for your subscription does not count as another installation for your 3 licenses.

-steve

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:27 PM

All replies

• After you've set up the subscription initially with a LiveID when signed in on one Windows account, and you then sign on with a different Windows account and are asked to activate OneCare, simply provide the same LiveID and password to activate under that login. Actually, I don't think you should have to activate under the additional Windows accounts, but it has been reported to be required.

Note that activating on the same PC with a different Windows account and the same LiveID for your subscription does not count as another installation for your 3 licenses.

-steve

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:27 PM
  • Steve,

Live One seems to be working on my wifes log on now. Thanks,

Marion C Turner

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 8:31 PM