C# .NET Application Architecture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to decide if i can migrate to C# .net web development application that contains 60+ menu items. I can use a master page that will contain my menu for header, content and the footer.

How can I setup global variables that can be use by all forms? Is the answer a module. Global variables are the name of the app, the path of the app, user login info, database connection... etc

I can link each item of the menu to use a c# form: Will this create a huge app build that will affect the performance of my app?

One member of my team will work in each menu item at the time, can I create different C# projects for each menu item ( I call this modules) and integrate those in the master page later? How is the best way to handle this scenario?

Some forms will contain a GRID that will load around 10K of rows from the database, how is the C# grid performance? Can I use a JQuery grid here? how?

Any tips about security?

Any examples in the web? Maybe it is a white paper somewhere.

Any comments are welcome. I hope a Microsoft expert can convince us to use c# .net :)

Thanks!

• Edited by JFBconsul Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:32 PM
    • Moved by Eason_H Friday, November 1, 2013 2:40 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:28 PM

Answers

• Hi JFBconsul,

Since the issue regards ASP.NET and web development. I suggestion you post the question in the ASP.NET forums at http://forums.asp.net/. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

Thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, November 1, 2013 5:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, November 8, 2013 4:59 PM
    Friday, November 1, 2013 2:40 AM